Thursday, July 26, 2007

In Bethlehem, PA

I'm currently in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, soaking up the hospitality of the octogenarian grandparents of The Great Organiser. They're a kindly couple who seem determined to feed me every last scrap of food contained within the house.

"Would you look at that corn! Have yourself some more. Go on, have another one."

If there's one thing I've learned about ingratiating oneself to one's hosts, it's that one should always accede to the demands of said hosts to consume more of their food. I've been dutifully obeying the rule and so far my methods seem to be working.

Just as I was about to depart from work on Tuesday afternoon one of the people who reports to me decided he'd start kicking up a fuss. He's been known to do it in the past. Personnel issues arising on the afternoon before a red-eye to JFK airport demand one course of action—pass it along to your immediate superior.

I've kept track of the email threads and it looks like it's getting nasty. I can't wait to return to the office on Monday. Woot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hі, i belieѵe that i nοticed you
visiteԁ my weblog thuѕ i came to go back the choosе?

.ӏ'm trying to to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to make use of a few of your ideas!!

Feel free to surf to my web page - losing weight