Sunday, July 19, 2009

In Singapore Part 1

I made it to Singapore today. The flight from Sydney was pretty uneventful, and that's the way flights should be.

Just after I rolled into the hotel I heard one of my classmates call out to me. She and another classmate on the trip were planning to visit the night safari, which on the surface seemed like a cheesy thing to do, but as it turns out, it's actually pretty interesting. Singapore's done a good job of arraying a pretty broad selection of Asian beasties, ranging from rhinoceroses to leopards. Sure, the price isn't exactly cheap (S$32 for the tram tour) but it's ultimately worth the dosh.

Tomorrow morning's schedule is free; we don't have to be anywhere until 1pm, whereupon we'll be visiting a local law firm. Great, bring on the lawyers.

Right now I'm knocking off my third can of Tiger beer. There's a 7-11 over the road selling six packs for about S$15. That's a fair price and it sure beats the hotel's minibar.

No comments: